Sunday, December 2, 2012

Jalapeño pretzel crusted pork roast

So my local market had a great deal on a whole pork loin. (.99 lb ! Holiday promo)

I Couldn't pass it up.

What to do what to do.........

Bang! Crusted pork loin roast!

Not just any type of crust. I wanted something that would pop.

Bang again! Pretzel crust!

Not just any pretzel will do.

I decided to use my favorite flavored brand. Jalapeño.

I cut off a 4-6 lb piece of pork and seasoned it with salt and pepper.

Then I placed the jalapeño pretzels into a food processor and pulsed to a crumble.

Pre heat oven to 350.
I now needed something to help crust adhere to pork.

What goes great with pretzels?....... Besides beer?........ Mustard (in this case honey mustard).

  1). Rub pork with honey mustard.

  2). Place pretzel crumbs on a plate










  3). Roll pork into crumb mixture.

  4). Place about 1/2 cup of chicken broth into roasting pan Place roast into pan

  5). Bake covered with a foil tent for one hour.

       Remove tent and cook for another hour and 15 minutes.







   6). Remove from oven let rest. 15 minutes.

   7). Deglaze the pan with stock and scrape up all brown bits.

    Add in 1/8 cup bourbon ( if there are chunks of pretzel, transfer to food processor Pulse to a purée).

   8). Season to taste with salt and pepper.

   9).  For the sides I made seasoned corn and bourbon kissed quinoa.








   Great favors all around. Pork was juicy and tender.

   The quick gravy was a spicy but welcome accompaniment.

    It played off the pork real well. Man I love this!!!

    Tune in next time for coq au vin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment