Saturday, January 12, 2013

Onion Mushroom Omellette with Sweet Potato and Kale Hash

Last weekend I was catching up on Top Chef episodes and one of the Cheftestants belted out this sweet potato and kale hash! I thought hell, I can do that so here ya go.

Following the visual inspiration from the show I ventured off to try and pull something together.

This is what I came up with. 

2 sweet potatoes skinned and rustically cubed, par boiled in salted water for about 10 minutes.

2 cups of Kale chopped (it will shrink down in the cooking process)

5 strips of bacon cut with kitchen scissors into thin strips.

1 large onion diced


 
 
 
I saute'd bacon in a 12 inch pan with a pat of butter
 
 
When bacon was crisp, I removed it from pan and added half the onion and all the Kale to cook in the bacon fat.
 
I then added the sweet potatoes, salt and pepper.coveres and cooked on medium low for 10 minutes
adding the bacon back in at the last minute to warm up
 
 
While that is happening I took 6 large eggs, a splash of milk and beat the eggs to a nice consistancy.
I also seasoned egg mixture with pepper and salt. 
 
In a cast iron skillet I cooked the remaining onion and the mushrooms to a light brown.
 
reserved the mixture next to my omellete pan and went at it.
 
I hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
 
Take care.
 
Keep up with The Way Of The Fork!

2 comments:

  1. I need to get me one of those pans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what kind? cast iron? well worth it, gives you a dose of iron in all your dishes.

      Delete