Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tres Leches.........Where have you been all my life?

                About a week ago I was in a conversation with My Aussie BFF (Trish). She told me She was going to make a Tres Leeches cake, I thought that sounds good....(but what is Tres Leches cake?)

Well in a nutshell.. It's the best cake ever! A sponge cake covered with 3 milks, Heavy Cream,Sweetened Condensed milk ans Evaporated Milk. (Oh MaMa), and topped with a whipped cream frosting.

I mulled over making this cake myself after our conversation and today I gave in. I searched the web for Tres Leches and came across a recipe I felt I could do.

I want to give props to www.foodnetwork.com for having this recipe available as well as Marcella Valladolid. ( you Rock).



  So I took an inventory of what I had in house then it was off to the market to pick up parchment paper evaporated milk condensed milk  heavy cream  and whole milk.( I know 4 milks -Tres leches?)
whole milk is part of making the sponge cake.



4 egg whites along with 1 1/2 cups sugar whisked to stiff peaks

add 4 egg yolks flour and whole milk, whisk till a batter is formed.

Bake at 350 for 32-34 minutes let cool and take out of pan.




add the Tres Leches mixture  (NOTE: The recipe I used called for 3 tablespoons of Grand Mariner.
I used 3 tablespoons of mexican vanilla. I felt it worked).


cover with plastic wrap and put in refridgerator  3 hours or over night.


Take cake out and start on whipped cream.



Frost cake with the cream and dust with cinnamon



Hello you little piece of heaven.....



Hasta la Vista Tres Leches.........Muchas Gracias..



Please follow link www.foodnetwork.com for recipe. search Tres Leches cake . This one is the first one on the list and 5 stars too...

Thank you and enjoy......I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment